How to Receive Property Updates
- Can M&T Bank send me alerts on new or updated properties?
- Yes! Sign up for updates by registering with the website. First, click the "Register" link on the top right of the homepage, enter your email address, choose a password, and then select the state and listing type(s) you are interested in. Every time a property is added or updated in your selected area(s), you will receive an email from M&T Bank.
Access to Foreclosure Properties
- Can I gain access to see a property before the foreclosure auction?
- No. As we do not own the property at this point, M&T Bank cannot allow access to the
property prior to the foreclosure sale.
Taxes and Liens
- Are there any taxes or liens on a foreclosure property?
- It is up to you to do your due diligence to research tax/lien information. M&T Bank
strongly recommends that you consult an attorney or real estate professional to assist you.
Maximum Bid Amount
- What does the maximum bid amount mean?
- The maximum bid amount is the highest dollar amount M&T Bank will bid at a
foreclosure auction. You must first bid higher than the amount advertised on
www.mandtreo.com, and then be the highest bidder overall to win the auction.
Why a Foreclosure Property is Not Listed on www.mandtreo.com
- Where can I go to find the status of a foreclosure property not listed on
- All available M&T Bank properties are posted on the website at www.mandtreo.com. It
is possible the property you are interested in is secured by a FHA loan. Should the
property complete foreclosure sale, the FHA will re-market the property through
- Who can I contact for financing information?
- Please visit your local M&T Bank branch or call 1-800-287-1314.
- Does M&T Bank sell properties in bulk?
- No. M&T Bank sells properties on an individual basis through a local realtor. M&T Bank does not sell promissory notes secured by a mortgage or deed of trust. All available properties are posted on www.mandtreo.com.
- What is REO?
- REO stands for Real Estate Owned. If no one outbids M&T Bank at a foreclosure auction, then the ownership of a property transfers to the bank. REO properties are sold as is, where is. M&T Bank uses its own purchase and sale contract.
Becoming an REO Agent for M&T Bank
- How do I become an agent for M&T Bank?
- M&T Bank uses a REO management company called DISPOSolutions. If you are interested in becoming an agent, please sign up at www.dst-llc.com to be added to their database. If we are in need of a real estate agent in your area, an asset manager from M&T Bank will be in contact with you to perform an in depth phone interview. Please refrain from continually asking for property listings, as we will reach out to you.
Property Preservation Services for M&T Bank
- How do I become a property preservation vendor for M&T Bank?
- M&T Bank uses Safeguard Properties for the majority of property preservation services. If you are not signed up with them currently, you may wish to contact the company directly. Please visit www.safeguardproperties.com
In some instances, M&T Bank does allow real estate agents to assign some work as well. You can contact the listing agent assigned to a property in your area to inquire about providing these services to them.